Our Donisthorpe setting is a modular unit based within the grounds of Donisthorpe Primary School with a private outside space and two rooms with a cloakroom area. OMC operated as a full day care setting from Donisthorpe until April 2016 and we have now reviewed the service and offer specific preschool and out of school facilities at Donisthorpe and have transferred the full day care provision and under 2’s service to our Church Gresley site.
We were rated as Outstanding in all catagories in our last inspection report in May 2014 and the inspector found that we were outstanding because...
- The quality and consistency of teaching is exceptional as practitioners have an excellent knowledge of how children learn. The management team effectively monitor the provision and support staff to ensure the very best outcomes for children's learning.
- Partnerships with parents are highly effective. They are fully involved in the care and learning of the children, which ensures the children receive excellent support and continuity in their learning and development.
- The key-person system is firmly embedded and great care is taken to build strong attachments with all children, which ensures that they feel extremely confident and secure in the setting.
- The inspirational management team and dedicated practitioners are committed to providing high quality care and learning for children. The rigorous monitoring of all aspects of the setting enables them to clearly target and strengthen practices.
- Robust partnerships with other professionals are highly effective in providing for children's needs. Children make excellent progress and transitions in and out of the setting are exceptionally well organised to promote continuity of care and learning.
- Safeguarding of children is exceptionally secure throughout the setting. All practitioners have an extremely high level of knowledge and understanding of child protection issues.
Early Years Education
We then offer an early years service from 9.00 to 15.00 Monday, Wednesday and Thursday and 9.00 to 12.00 Friday.
Jessica Breakell manages our Donisthorpe site and will be there to greet you with her team.
We offer funded places for children aged two years to school age and we have children who choose to remain with us until after they become five.
We offer a flexible curriculum enabling a child directed approach to learning and a woodland trip each Friday for the whole group.
We support the children to access a range of play opportunities and to learn based on their own motivations and can use the playing field and the outdoor classroom to enhance the learning experience.
Out of School Service
We open from 7am to 9am for children from local schools to enjoy breakfast, play and support to school.
After school we collect children from Donisthorpe Primary School, Moira Primary school and Oakthorpe Primary School and when the children return they can access snack time and then play based opportunities during the evening.
We also use the local woodland opportunities to enable the children to access the outdoors during the evenings visiting Oakthorpe woods, Conkers and other local parks.
The services offered at our Donisthorpe provision will be extended as demand requires with the ultimate aim of returning to full day care.