Our Donisthorpe setting is a modular unit based within the grounds of Donisthorpe Primary School with a private outside space and two rooms with a cloakroom area. OMC operated as a full day care setting from Donisthorpe until April 2016 and we have now reviewed the service and offer specific preschool and out of school facilities at Donisthorpe and have transferred the full day care provision and under 2’s service to our Church Gresley site.
We were rated as Outstanding in all catagories in our last inspection report in May 2014 and the inspector found that we were outstanding because...
- The quality and consistency of teaching is exceptional as practitioners have an excellent knowledge of how children learn. The management team effectively monitor the provision and support staff to ensure the very best outcomes for children's learning.
- Partnerships with parents are highly effective. They are fully involved in the care and learning of the children, which ensures the children receive excellent support and continuity in their learning and development.
- The key-person system is firmly embedded and great care is taken to build strong attachments with all children, which ensures that they feel extremely confident and secure in the setting.
- The inspirational management team and dedicated practitioners are committed to providing high quality care and learning for children. The rigorous monitoring of all aspects of the setting enables them to clearly target and strengthen practices.
- Robust partnerships with other professionals are highly effective in providing for children's needs. Children make excellent progress and transitions in and out of the setting are exceptionally well organised to promote continuity of care and learning.
- Safeguarding of children is exceptionally secure throughout the setting. All practitioners have an extremely high level of knowledge and understanding of child protection issues.
Early Years Education
We then offer an early years service from 8.30.00 to 16.00 Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and Friday.
Jessica Breakell manages our Donisthorpe site and will be there to greet you with her team.
We offer funded places for children aged two years to school age and we have children who choose to remain with us until after they become five.
We offer a flexible curriculum enabling a child directed approach to learning and a woodland trip each Friday for the whole group.
We support the children to access a range of play opportunities and to learn based on their own motivations and can use the playing field and the outdoor classroom to enhance the learning experience.
Out of School Service
We open from 7am to 9am for children from local schools to enjoy breakfast, play and support to school.
After school we collect the children and upon their return they can access snack time and then play based opportunities during the evening.
We also use the large outside space including the huge field and playground to ensure the children access outdoor activities before and after school.
We current support school transportation to and from Donisthorpe Primary School, Moira Primary school and Oakthorpe Primary School.
Specialist Service for Children with Special Education Needs and Disabilities
We are very proud of our new specialist services for children with additional needs in our specially designed room with a space for messy play, sensory play and even a 'Sensory Room' with our bubble tube, projector or sensory toys. This room has been funded by the National Lottery which has allowed us to create a purposeful and calming environment for children with additional needs. We offer both 1:1 support and reduced ratio's (dependant on funding) and an individually designed curriculum to meet the child's Individual Education Plans (IEP) led by our Early Years Teacher and specialist in support for children with additional needs. The aim for our service is to offer specialist opportunities for children to access alongside the usual curriculum to enhance and extend their core skills to ensure that their development progresses to ensure the best possible outcomes for them.
Our service is available for children that will find mainstream provision challenging and will need additional support to meet many of the challenges learning and development in Early Years presents. This is a service to provide that additional support to enable them to access mainstream provision in the future. This is not a service for children that will require specialist educational establishments for Severe Learning Disabilities as there are many better equipped services to meet medical needs and complex physical and cognitive challenges. Children that have accessed our services have been diagnosed with Autistic Spectrum Disorder, Downs Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy and Global Delay.